Your furnace isn’t built to last forever, and with time and use, it goes through a lot of wear and tear. Routinely servicing your furnace can not only help to cut down on cost, but prevent some dangerous safety hazards. Actively maintaining your heating system can also push back when it’s time for a costly replacement. A furnace in need of service is more than just expensive, but a frustrating nuisance and health hazard. Here’s how routine furnace services can benefit you.
How Routine Maintenance Can Help You
- One less risk of a fire, gas leak, or carbon monoxide leak. If your furnace is damaged, it can hurt you financially. Your machine burns fuel in order to produce heat. If it’s not working properly, you run the risk of a carbon monoxide leak or even a fire if flammable materials are nearby.
- Your indoor air quality could improve. Besides preventing fatal safety hazards, routine services can drastically improve your home’s indoor air quality. Your heating system works by ventilating and circulating heat throughout your home, and it has an air filter for debris and other contaminants. A furnace that’s lacking in service and maintenance, however, would imply that the air filter is dirty, and that means it’s circulating dirty air throughout your home. Depending on the size of your home, pets, and how often you use your furnace, the air filter should be replaced at least once a year.
- Cheaper utility bills. A furnace that’s well maintained can work efficiently and run less often to heat your home. Heating bills are already costly enough, but a damaged furnace overworking itself can drastically increase the cost. Proper maintenance saves more than just your utility bill, but the cost of avoidable repairs, or worse, an early replacement.
- Less frustrating repairs or replacements. Your heating system will need the occasional repair, but a system in long need of servicing could result in several repairs adding up. Your furnace is complicated with a lot of components that need routine cleaning and tune ups. Most repairs can be prevented with regular care, which involves cleaning the air filter, keeping it properly ventilated, and tuning up parts when necessary.
- You’re comfortable. Your comfort is important, but a malfunctioning system will have a hard time keeping your home warm and cozy. Servicing your heating system helps to keep it running effectively and efficiently. A functioning furnace also distributes heat evenly, preventing pesky cold spots and running the unit longer than necessary.
- Your home’s better prepared for winter. The winter season can be a harsh time of year, and a disaster can happen. Heavy snowfalls and ice can weigh down your roof and cause a leak. The frigid temperatures outside put your plumbing at risk. Your furnace isn’t built to last forever, and with time and use, it goes through a lot of wear and tear. Routinely servicing your furnace can not only help to cut down on cost, but prevent some dangerous safety hazards. Freezing. It can also be unbearably cold outside, and a busted furnace makes for a very miserable winter. Routinely servicing your furnace ensures it’s prepared for the hard work ahead come next winter.
Why Choose Raynor?
That’s why Raynor Electric offers precision tune-ups for all models. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from our experts tuning up your heating system to give you a guaranteed more reliable system this year! On every tune-up, our heating experts follow the following checklist:
- Adjust fan control for accurate temperature rise and airflow
- Calibrate thermostat
- Lubricate moving parts
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Inspect belts for cracks and wear
- Test manifold gas pressure and combustion air openings (if necessary)
- Inspect burner operation, clean if necessary
- Check high limit and other safety controls
- Check thermocouple, replace if necessary
- Check gas line for leaks from shut off valves to the burners
- Clean and adjust pilot, as necessary
- Inspect flue for obstructions
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Replace standard air filters
- Adjust and clean blower components
Don’t wait until the cold weather sets in to schedule your furnace maintenance. Call Raynor today for your $99 tune-up!