Power outages can happen at any time. There’s really no way to predict them, but they happen year round. Whether its during snow storms in the winter, or a hurricane force winds in the summer, losing power is always a possibility. Keeping the power on in your home is essential for protecting your appliances, belongings, and perishables. It’s also important for the safety of your family.
Backup generators are a way to keep the power going – even during an outage. They switch on as soon as your electricity goes out, protecting everything inside of your home and restoring comfort and safety. Different generators have different capabilities and restrictions, so it’s important to do a little research before making such an investment. Here at Raynor, we’re ready to help you every step of the way. Here are some things you should consider when selecting your new generator.
Things to Consider
- Power priorities. In the event of an outage, what do you want to keep on? Some generators can continue to power your entire home while others keep a few choice appliances running. Considering your power needs will help you choose the model that best suits your needs.
- Power source. Because they don’t run on electricity, you will need to determine which sort of fuel you will be using before you choose a generator. Backup models typically run on gasoline, propane, or natural gas, which provides unlimited power.
- Location and enclosure. Not only does your generator need to be set up near your home, it may require an enclosure for safety or noise control. Our trained professionals will be able to show you the best spot for your system.
- Voltage requirement. Voltage requirements have different phases. A Raynor technician will be able to provide you with this information if you aren’t sure.
- Maintenance. Like every other system working to keep your home safe, your backup generator will need routine maintenance to continue working properly and efficiently.
Why Choose Raynor?
Here at Raynor, we offer a wide variety of Kohler home generators. Kohler provides sturdy and reliable generators that are at the head of the industry. If it’s time for you to purchase a new home generator, you can have peace of mind knowing that we only carry the best!
The last thing you want to do is shop for a home generator when the power goes out, as it’s a permanent and costly appliance to add to your home. A home generator gives your home the backup it needs whenever a major storm hits. If you’re ready to prepare your home, our team can help you select the right home generator to fit your needs. Don’t wait until the lights go out, call us today.