Schedule Now! Call
609-714-0505

Carbon Monoxide Detectors Installation in Southern New Jersey

Whole Hosue 299_Banner

One of the best ways of protecting you and your family from fire and carbon monoxide (CO) is by having smoke and CO detectors installed in your home. At Raynor Electric, we can handle the installation of all your detectors, saving your time and hassle, and assuring you that your detectors will work when you need them the most.

Hard-Wired Smoke Detectors in Southern New Jersey

A United States fire department responds to a residential fire every 77 seconds, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Even worse, someone dies in a fire every 135 minutes. To be as protected as possible, please make sure you have smoke detectors installed through your home.

One of the most effective types of smoke detector is a hard-wired detector. This kind is typically safer than a battery-operated detector. Usually, a home will only have about one or two battery units, and these may not detect smoke until it is too late. And it is all-too easy for someone to forget to test his or her detector.

With a hard-wired system, however, the need for testing is eliminated as well as the hassle. You should call a professional with Raynor Electric to make sure your system is wired correctly. Any kind of wiring job, no matter how minor it may seem, can be dangerous for a novice. Make the safe choice and leave that job to us.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Southern New Jersey

Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a tasteless, odorless and colorless gas that can be fatal if inhaled. High CO concentrations can also result in brain damage or unconsciousness. In smaller doses, symptoms can seem to be the flu, including:

  • Headaches
  • Shortness of breath
  • Dizziness
  • Confusion
  • General weakness
  • Nausea
  • Loss of muscle control
  • Problems with vision

If you are suffering from any of these, but your symptoms seem to subside once you leave your home, then there is a chance that you could have a CO problem.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Southern New Jersey

You should have carbon monoxide detectors located throughout your home. These are relatively inexpensive, and can save your life, much in the same way that a smoke detector can save your life. You can purchase a CO detector at any home retail store that will sound an alarm when high levels of CO are detected.

There are other, more sophisticated models that cost more, but also alert you when CO levels are beginning to build, even though they may still be relatively low. This type of detector will notify you through both a digital read out, and by sounding a different kind of alarm than when CO accumulation is at a dangerous level.

If your detector sounds, exit the area as soon as you can after notifying family members or co-workers. If possible, open your doors and windows on the way out. Call the fire department as soon as you can, and seek medical attention.

If you need any sort of help deciding which type of detector is right for you, or if you need help installing it, call Raynor Electric.

Reducing the Risk of a Carbon Monoxide Leak in Southern New Jersey

If you heat your home with propane, coal, wood, oil or natural gas, these fuel sources can emit CO if your appliance is not working correctly, or it is not vented properly. If you notice stale or smelly air, or you notice soot or high humidity coming from your furnace, boiler or fireplace, you may have a gradual buildup of CO.

You should always have your heating system checked by a professional before the heating system starts to make sure it is working correctly. At Raynor Electric, we can perform all of the maintenance that is needed.