Carbon Monoxide Detection in Medford: 5 Safety Tips
Carbon monoxide detection in Medford is an absolute must-have in your home this fall. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, invisible, and poisonous gas that causes death. Unfortunately for homeowners, one of the most common places to find it from your common household appliances, such as your furnace, generator, gas heater, or anything that burns natural or liquefied petroleum fuel, oil, wood or coal. Due to its lack of odor, carbon monoxide can spread throughout your home without you even realizing it!
Though that sounds like a scary prospect, Raynor Electric can ease your fears by installing carbon monoxide detection in Medford. We place the health and safety of our customers before anything, which is why we will always go the extra mile to keep the threat of carbon monoxide down to a minimum. Our team of electricians will install the latest detection models you’re alerted of carbon monoxide before it can do any serious harm.
5 Safety Tips for Carbon Monoxide Detection in Medford
While we pride ourselves on supplying our customers with working electricity, carbon monoxide detection in Medford is one of our most important services.
- Test Alarms Once a Month: Your carbon monoxide alarm is truly a life saver when it comes to identifying carbon monoxide and making sure you find the right path to safety. It’s wise to test your alarm once a month to ensure it’s working at its best. When your life is at stake, you can’t take any chances and testing your alarm monthly will let you know.
- Keep Generator in a Well-Insulated Area: Your generator can keep the power running in your home even during the roughest, but also be sure to keep it in a well-insulated area outdoors away from windows, and vent openings as it can emit carbon monoxide when it’s not working properly.
- Clear Snow Buildup: During the winter time when there’s an increased risk of heavy snowfall, make sure to clear dryer vents, furnaces, and stoves of any snow buildup as it may increase the risk of carbon monoxide exposure if left unchecked.
- Warm Vehicles Outside Garage: Carbon monoxide emissions occur frequently when a homeowner warms up their vehicle in their garage. Back the vehicle out of the garage first before starting it up to avoid the possibility of falling ill.
- Maintain Furnaces or Boilers: Furnaces and boilers are susceptible to carbon monoxide leaks if they’re not working at their best. To avoid carbon monoxide emissions, make your furnace or boiler is maintained by a professional at least once a year.
Contact Raynor Electric today if you want to learn more safety tips or if you want to install carbon monoxide detection in your home!