Ask a Merchantville Electrician: How To Improve Electrical Safety
Improving the electrical safety and performance of your home or business sounds like a good idea, right? Saving money while improving energy efficiency? Sign me up! But, how to start?
Our Recommendations: Top Ways to Improve Electrical Safety and Performance
While some of these suggestions may seem more or less like common sense, none are to be ignored. Of course each space is unique in it’s own right, but we ensure you that these recommendations are mostly universal. Need help understanding or implementing these electrical safety strategies? Give Raynor Services a call!
In the meantime, take a look:
1. Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector: Starting with the basics any home or office must have a carbon monoxide detector. Do not risk the fatal release of this poisoning. Be safe. Be proactive. Have a carbon monoxide detector professionally installed and tested. If you’re unsure if yours works, have it tested and maintained as needed. It’s not worth the risk.
2. Know the Signs of Electrical Failure: Would you know when an electrical emergency if it were right under your nose? Here they are: frequent power outages, dimming or flickering lights, arcing wires, carbon monoxide detection, burning smells. If you experience any of these, don’t wait. Call a professional right away!
3. Install Three Prong Outlets: A three prong outlet is a grounded and therefore safe outlet installation. Two prongs are outdated and need to be upgraded.
4. Whole Home Surge Protection: The best way to protect your entire house from electrical power surges caused by outside (lightning) or inside (electrical failure) interference is with whole home surge protection. Nothing will keep you more safe.
5. Install a GFCI: Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) are designed to enhance household safety by preventing electrical shock. They are especially useful in kitchens and bathrooms where protection from water-related electrical problems are especially important.
We can work to help improve the electrical safety and performance of your home. Give Raynor Services a call today and let us get to work!