AC Maintenance- New Jersey
Raynor Electric- Maintaining Your AC Unit
Your ability to stay cool in the summer months all relies on your ability to keep your AC running smoothly. AC units aren’t always cheap, but they can last for decades if properly maintained. For the same reason that you perform preventative service on your car for mechanical issues, you always want to have your AC undergoing regular maintenance to catch and remove the problems before they cause a major inconvenience. One thing we can guarantee is that, when it gets hot out, there is never an opportune time for your AC to break down! So keep your AC going strong with professional maintenance from Raynor electric.
What Can Happen if You Don’t Do Maintenance?
If you do not provide proper, professional upkeep of your air conditioning system, you could incur costly unnecessary repairs or, worse, you could be putting your whole AC system in jeopardy. If not cleaned, dirty coils and air filters can block air flow, causing insufficient distribution. Faulty wiring can cause intermittent shut-downs and sporadic performance. A whole host of problems can arise in your AC system like fan issues, leaks, frozen lines, and deficiency in temperature control.
What Should You Expect From Your Routine Tune-Up?
Deciding to schedule routine check-ins for your AC is the correct first step. But what should the process be from there? A professional technician will be able to perform the entire maintenance on their own, but you should at least be informed so you know what to expect. No matter who you have doing your maintenance, you should always make sure they accomplish the following task list:
- Perform testing and calibration of thermostat
- Check refrigerant for proper pressure and levels
- Monitor the air conditioning start-up
- Check safety controls
- Clean and replace all air filters
- Check and clean blower components
- Confirm proper air flow is emitting from vents
- Perform inspection of electric connections and wires
- Perform calculation of volts and amps
- Perform inspection of any moving parts and lubricate, if necessary
- Clean and inspect condensate drain, evaporator coil, and condenser coil
- Compare temperature differences
- Check all circuit breakers
- Perform a visual inspection of outside unit
- Perform testing of capacitor and relays
- Perform inspection of fan belts and blades
- Perform a complete cooling cycle
If you call Raynor Electric, you won’t have to worry about any of these potential problems. You’ll be all set to go in the summer with your properly maintained AC equipment, and your household will be happier for it.