6 Electrical Upgrades to Consider for the New Year
Posted on January 18, 2017 by admin in Electrical
Electrical upgrades are necessary if you want to make sure 2017 will be your most comforting year to date. In the first few weeks of January, everyone is all about new beginnings. However, for this New Year, you shouldn’t just leave it at “New year, new me.” You can take one step further by saying, “New year, new electricity.” Even if you have all sorts of fun plans this year, some of that fun may not be possible without working electricity in your home. You may discover that several of your electrical features are outdated or looking incredibly worse for wear. If you don’t do something about it, you’re not only risking minor inconveniences like flickering lights. You may also be putting your family’s safety at risk. Faulty wiring and damaged outlets will only heighten your risk of experiencing an electrical fire or electrical shock. In fact, the National Fire Protection estimates that nearly 50,000 fires are caused each year due to faulty electricity. Of these fires, about 450 deaths are the result and up to 1500 injuries. Though many homeowners go from day to day hoping that their electrical system is safe, updating and testing your system is the only way to know. Before you face the perils of outdated electrical features this year, make a point to call for service so these next 12 months are instead filled with fun and high levels of efficiency.
How Can Raynor Electric Help You?
Raynor Electric is here to provide you with top-notch electrical service for 2017 and beyond. It’s our number-one priority to provide customers across the Medford, NJ area with high-quality electricity that doesn’t cost them too much on bills and keeps them safe. Our team of electricians can handle a wide range of electrical services to meet all sorts including work on circuit breaker panels, knob & tube wiring, outdoor safety lighting, and more. If you want new and improved electrical performance, we should be your first choice in equipping your home with modern electrical appliances that will work at a highly-efficient level for a longer period of time. But it’s not just about ensuring you have the best electricity in the neighborhood, of course. It’s about guaranteeing your safety, and the safety of your family. Our electricians stop at nothing to guarantee everyone’s security. Once you know nobody’s well-being will be at risk due to faulty electricity, you can expect to relax so much more throughout the year. A better peace of mind for 2017 starts with a call our way.
6 Electrical Upgrades for the New Year
There are a lot of electrical upgrades you can make for your home. So much, in fact, that it can be difficult to determine which ones will be right for you. If you’re a little unsure, we recommend you consider these 6 upgrades before anything else:
- Replace Faulty Wiring– Electrical rewiring is one of the most important electrical upgrades you can consider for your home, especially if wiring is appearing on the verge of creating a massive fire in your home. If your switches feel warm or you have issues like blowing fuses, tripping circuits, flickering and dimming lights or other issues, contact one of our electricians immediately to get modern, durable wiring equipped in your home immediately.
- Install More Outlets: Let’s say you’re stuck in a situation where you have plenty of appliances and not enough outlets. What do you do then? In that case, it’s time to install more outlets. Consult with one of our electricians to determine the areas of your home in need of more power sources. Not only will you see high-quality electrical performance, you will get the sockets you need so that you can get rid of potentially dangerous extension cords.
- Replace Smoke Detectors- Smoke detectors can be your first line of defense if your electrical system does go awry and you can truly protect your home with new smoke detectors provide by us here at Raynor Electric. Continuing with those outdated smoke detectors may prove highly dangerous in the event of a fire, especially when they can’t alert you of a problem in the middle of the night.
- Surge Protectors: Power surges have the potential to cause sparks that can then lead to fire, they can also overload circuits and cause damage to your overall system. A surge protector can help prevent these issues, protecting your appliances from damage in the process. You’ll be able to use essential appliances like computers even as a lightning storm outside threatens to knock the power out in your home for good.
- GFCUI Outlets: Installing GFCI outlets, or ground fault circuit interrupter outlets, can help ground out the socket should water become introduced. Installing this type of outlet in bathrooms, on kitchen counters, or in any other area where water might get into sockets can prove to be a life-saving decision and keep everyone away from the threat of electrical shock.
- Upgrade to Energy-Efficient Appliances: We all want to save money on our electric bill, right? Well, the perfect way to do so is by installing energy efficient appliances to help save money on your monthly bill by using less electricity overall. These appliances include new dishwashers, dryers, and room air conditioners.
Contact Raynor Electric today if you want to learn more on how you can start 2017 the right way with these amazing electrical upgrades!